Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
just beef stock, no meat required. but it must be leftover/homemade stock.
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup onion, cut into wedges and broken apart
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 6 cups homemade beef stock (really it is not worth making this recipe unless you have your own stock to use)
- 2 cups potatoes, cubed
- 2 cups carrots, sliced in chunks
- 1 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup cream (optional)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- in a large pot, brown the onions and celery in the oil.
- add all the other ingredients (except cream and cheese).
- bring to a boil.
- reduce to a simmer, and cook for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are done.
- if you prefer a creamy soup to a clear one, add the cream now and let it cook in for 5 minutes.
- serve with a little parmesan cheese on top.
I used vegetable stock that I had on hand instead of beef, added some leftover parsnips and 1 tsp of Mrs Dash Hot. Thankyou for an easy enjoyable recipe
good just really plain