Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
When you come through your door at the end of a long cold day.....this heavenly smell will greet you!
- 1⁄2 lb stew meat, cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- salt and pepper
- 1 potato, diced (optional)
- 1⁄4 head cabbage, shredded (optional)
- Dump everything in a crockpot.
- Add 1 quart water.
- Cover and cook on low 8-12 hours.
This is great soup,easy to make with stuff that's most likely on hand...I followed exactly except for..added 2 cups frozen veggies instead of 1...browned meat first,and cooked on high for 4 hrs.We loved ,it will be served often in this house..Thanks for sharing.
This is going to be my veggie soup recipe from now on. I did add the potatoes and I didnt add the frozen mixed veggies because I sent DD to the store and she came back with stir fry veggies, so I left them out. But it was great with the cabbage, celery, onions, carrots and potatoes. Thanks so much!
This was good...lots of veggies. I added 2 potatoes and 2 extra carrots. Thought it needed some spicing up...just a smidge bland.