Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another recipe from my ma's collection 8)
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat milk (nofat,or whole is fine)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Heat oven to 300°F.
- Cream together the sugar and shortening.
- Beat in egg and add vanilla extract and milk.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Add the wet mixture to dry mixture alternatly to cream mixture.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes.
These were good. Since I like to make my cookies larger than the usual sized, this made 32 cookies for me. I did not grease my baking dish as the mixture already had enough margarine in it. I'm not too sure whether cake flour means the same as all-purpose flour ,or if the latter can be substituted for the former. But, I made this using all purpose flour and it was good. Thanks!
Taste good, but they didn't spread well. I think they might come out better with butter (in place of shortening). I used All-Purpose flour..maybe cake flour would make a difference too.
Loved these! I use all purpose flour and only a dash of salt as my DH is on a low sodium diet. He loved them too. The go great with Vanilla Pudding (reduced Fat) Vanilla Pudding. Will surely be making these often .