Recipe by Pumpkie
I like this recipe because it uses rum or brandy instead of vodka giving it a different taste, this is how my aunt and grandmother have made it for years
Directions See How It's Made
- Put vanilla bean in a clean jar and cover with rum or brandy.
- Cap the jar and store in a cool and dark place for at least 6 weeks to let the flavor develop.
- Once a week lightly shake jar.
- Strain the vanilla extract through a cheesecloth lined strainer and into a sealed jar.
- Give as a gift with a recipe that uses vanilla or a handbaked gift.
- If giving at Christmas time I double or triple my recipe.