Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Its that time of the year when everyone could do with a mug of coffee and some soft serenading music. This is a wonderful creation. An easy mix from Martha Stewart that I came across in the Weekend magazine dated December 23rd'2005. Enjoy! Happy New Year, everyone!
- Using a paring knife, scrape the seeds from the vanilla beans.
- Mix the scraped seeds with the coffee.
- For best results use a medium-bodied coffee from Kenya or Colombia.
- Transfer the mix into a coffee bag.
- Decorate with a lilac ribbon(use whichever is your favourite colour) and don't forget to add your personal message before you seal it up with a pretty sticker.
- Enjoy the season of Christmas, Hannukah and New Year!
- Note: You may substitute the vanilla beans with 1 or 2 tsps. of cinnamon or nutmeg powder for a different flavour. I haven't tried other flavours, but if you do, be sure to let me know in your comments how it turned out.
i am a huge coffee drinker so this was a nice gift to myself . thanks so much for posting it .
Char, this is a great recipe - my boyfriend puts cinnamon in my coffee and it's such a nice change from regular old American coffee! I will be sure to try this with vanilla and let you know how it turns out.