Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
Haven't made these yet, but you can bet I will.
Make and share this Homemade Twinkies recipe from Food.com.
- Bake cake according to directions in a 9 x 13 pan.
- Cool and cut in half lengthwise.
- In large bowl, beat butter til creamy.
- Beat in shortening, a little at a time, til fluffy.
- Gradually beat in sugar.
- Combine milk and vanilla and beat into filling, til fluffy.
- Fill layer with filling and cut into bars.
- Throw away the scales.
Sorry but I had a problem with the filling. Did I misread it??? was the sugar suppose to be powered sugar? I have a kitchen-aid (stand) mixer and I followed the directions for the filling and I mixed and mixed and mixed the filling and it never did turn fluffy. if it were a hand mixer i would have worn out both hands trying to get this mixture to turn fluffy. IF I DID something wrong please let me know. Meanwhile I will NOT try it again nor would I recommend it