1/1 Photo of Homemade Twinkies
1 hr 30 mins
I have made these for years. Everyone loves them. They would auction them off at a fundraiser at a local church for $5.00 each piece. I would bake 3 pans to try to fill the demand. I have used 1 cup butter and no crisco and it turned out fine. My daughter always request this for her birthday.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix flour with milk and boil until thick.
- 2(It will be very thick) Cool.
- 3Beat until fluffy and add other ingredients one at a time beating well after each addition.
- 4Put between layers of cooled cake.
- 5Let stand one day to develop flavor.
- 6I wrap individually in plastic wrap.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Twinkies
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.6
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 23.1 mg
- Sodium 161.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: