I have made these for years. Everyone loves them. They would auction them off at a fundraiser at a local church for $5.00 each piece. I would bake 3 pans to try to fill the demand. I have used 1 cup butter and no crisco and it turned out fine. My daughter always request this for her birthday.
- Mix flour with milk and boil until thick.
- (It will be very thick) Cool.
- Beat until fluffy and add other ingredients one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Put between layers of cooled cake.
- Let stand one day to develop flavor.
- I wrap individually in plastic wrap.