Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 15 mins
I love this recipe because now I can make and freeze these crumbles and never have to read the labels again to see if there is something in it that I can't eat. It is flexible and can be spiced for any type of dish that you would make using a hamburger substitute. Egg could be added to make patties. Sprinkled on salad is wonderful. Enjoy!
- 2 cups textured vegetable protein (textured vegetable protein)
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon Braggs liquid aminos, liquid amino acid or 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cups boiling water
- whole wheat flour, for binding (handful)
- olive oil, for browning sauce
- Place tvp, wheat germ, curry powder, cayenne, salt, and garlic in large glass bowl. Pour in boiling water, cover and let sit for 1 hour.
- Taste test and add spices accordingly, then mix in flour until it resembles meat loaf consistency.
- Heat oil, and brown mix stirring to keep even browning.
- I cool mine on wire racks then freeze on cookie sheets, crumble and store in freezer bags.