Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is truly a crowd pleaser and holiday favorite and have been making it for years now. People like it as it is crispy and absorbs turkey gravy to make a wonderful combination. They also like it as it is NOT cooked inside the bird, but on its own in is own pan. Easy to make, great tasting, great addition to the traditional turkey meal either at Thanksgiving or Christmas. It came from a gourmet cooking class.
- 1 lb bacon, cut into small pieces before coooking (can reduce amount as desired)
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 lb crouton, unflavored (alternatively you can buy a loaf of your favorite bread, and cut it into croutons and toast in the o)
- 1⁄2 ounce butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds (preferably roasted, you can toast lightly yourself, they add to the stuffing crunchiness)
- 2 ounces whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- 4 teaspoons herbs, paprika, basil, thyme, fennel, rosemary, marjoram, sage
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup chicken stock, depending on dryness of croutons
- 1. soak croutons in whipping cream in large bowl.
- 2. chop bacon up.
- 3. melt butter.
- 4. add bacon with butter and fry in no stick fry pan.
- 5. add in diced onions.
- 6. add in celery.
- 7. saute onions until translucent and celery is bright green.
- 8. add to fry pan, your favorite turkey dressing herbs; minimally Rosemary, Thyme, Sage in moderation (about a teaspoon each dry or quarter cup each fresh).
- 9. mix all ingredients in pan together.
- 10. take fry pan ingredients off heat, mix with croutons.
- 11. add in chicken stock
- 12. mix two eggs - mix with croutons and fry pan ingredients.
- 13. add almonds and adjust seasoning as desired.
- 14. salt and pepper to taste, not necessary.
- 15. use spray PAM or your favorite non stick oil on pan if non stick.
- 16. put in 9" x 9" rectangular pan.
- 17. bake 1/2 hour to 45 minutes until crunchy and toasty at 350 degrees.