1/1 Photo of Homemade Turkey & Apple Sausage
Forget those high fat sausage patties...make your own with ground turkey and save the calories and fat content. Recipe from BH&G "The New Dieter's Cookbook".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl combine bread crumbs, apple, sage, black pepper, salt, paprika, ground red pepper and nutmeg.
- 2Add turkey and mix well.
- 3Shape mixture into 4 patties (1/2 inch thick).
- 4Spray the unheated rack of a broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 5Arrange patties on rack.
- 6Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat about 10 minutes or until no longer pink; turn once.
- 7(Or spray an unheated large skillet with nonstick spray. Preheat over medium heat. Add sausage and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until no longer pink).
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Turkey & Apple Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.8
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 45.0 mg
- Sodium 135.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 10.1 g