- 2 tablespoons soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup apple, peeled & shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 8 ounces lean ground turkey
- nonstick spray coating
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine bread crumbs, apple, sage, black pepper, salt, paprika, ground red pepper and nutmeg.
- Add turkey and mix well.
- Shape mixture into 4 patties (1/2 inch thick).
- Spray the unheated rack of a broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange patties on rack.
- Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat about 10 minutes or until no longer pink; turn once.
- (Or spray an unheated large skillet with nonstick spray. Preheat over medium heat. Add sausage and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until no longer pink).