Forget those high fat sausage patties...make your own with ground turkey and save the calories and fat content. Recipe from BH&G "The New Dieter's Cookbook".
- In a large bowl combine bread crumbs, apple, sage, black pepper, salt, paprika, ground red pepper and nutmeg.
- Add turkey and mix well.
- Shape mixture into 4 patties (1/2 inch thick).
- Spray the unheated rack of a broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange patties on rack.
- Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat about 10 minutes or until no longer pink; turn once.
- (Or spray an unheated large skillet with nonstick spray. Preheat over medium heat. Add sausage and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until no longer pink).