Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
There are lots of tuna casserole recipes on this site, but this one seems to be a bit different. It uses a homemade basic white sauce instead of canned soup, and also incorporates hardboiled eggs, which adds a nice dimension to the flavor. My friend shared this recipe with me, and I think the extra effort is worth it!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add flour and pepper, mixing well.
- Slowly stir in milk.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Combine cooked noodles, white sauce, tuna and eggs in greased casserole dish.
- Top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.
Very basic, but very good, too! While I certainly like more spiced-up recipes, this was still quite nice. Great comfort food.;)
Very good! I used 3 cups uncooked noodles by mistake (lol) and ended up having to remake the sauce. Other than my mistake of putting uncooked noodles in the casserole, it went very smoothly preparing.:)