Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
It’s easy to make homemade tortilla and to serve with your favorite spreads and dips. I suggest using cooking spray for the chips instead of oil, explained below.
- For tortilla chips, cut tortillas of any size in half, then each half into wedges.
- Place onto a baking sheet.
- Spray or brush wedges lightly with vegetable oil or use non-stick cooking spray oil.
- Then sprinkle with salt. Adjust salt to your taste.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven until crisp, about 5-7 minutes.
- Tortilla chips can be made in advance then cooled and stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
I always have tortillas on hand so this is a perfect quick recipe for restaurant style tortilla chips. Thanks!!
I have been making these for years. I do use other seasonings, depending on what I am making to go with chips. So easy, and I do not have a huge bag of chips in the house. Try these in your favorite nacho recipe. I usually use whole wheat tortillas as well.
I prepared Recipe #241051 for lunch and then realized I had no tortilla chips. Since I had some extra flour tortillas, I decided to make my own. I liked the results, but I'd probably prefer it with corn tortilla chips more. I didn't miss the extra fat you get with deep frying either. I sprayed them with canola oil, salted them, flipped and repeated. Thanks for posting!