1/1 Photo of Homemade Tortellini in Broth
from globalgoumet.com I've been looking for a recipe like one that my Italian Grandmother uses - this looks right. All Comments Welcome!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown the chicken breast in the butter, seasoning it with salt and pepper; set aside. Chop mortadella finely and combine in a bowl with the chicken, ricotta, 1 cup grated Romano, 1 egg, nutmeg, salt and pepper, and mix well.
- 2Heap the flour in a mound on a board and make a well in the center. Break in the 2 remaining eggs and knead into soft, smooth dough. Roll out into a thin (1/8" thick) sheet and cut into 1-1/4" circles (you can use a small juice glass).
- 3To make tortellini, place a little of the filling in the center of each circle and fold the pasta in half, pressing it around the edges to seal in filling. Then wind the folded edge around the tip of your index finger and press the 2 ends together to form a ring.
- 4Bring chicken broth to a simmer.
- 5Bring the stock to a boil. Drop in tortellini and cook until al dente, about 3-4 minutes. Drain and serve in bowls of broth, passing remaining grated cheese.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Tortellini in Broth
Serving Size: 1 (343 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.2
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 120.2 mg
- Sodium 836.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 17.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pecorino romano cheese