1 hr 5 mins
from "my man's belly" - http://mymansbelly.com/2011/01/31/homemade-tomato-soup-and-a-sur-la-table-giveaway/
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Slice tomatoes in half, lengthwise, and remove seeds.
- 3Lay out on baking sheet, skin side down.
- 4Scatter the garlic cloves between the tomatoes.
- 5Drizzle some olive oil over the tomatoes and garlic cloves. Make sure the cloves are well coated with the olive oil (you may need to pick up the cloves and rub them with the olive oil).
- 6Sprinkle the thyme over the tomatoes and garlic, followed by a bit of kosher salt. Next coat the tomatoes and garlic with a few grinds of black pepper.
- 7Roast the tomatoes for 45 minutes. The thickness of the tomatoes will really determine the roasting time. If they are thinner, the roasting time may be less, if they are thicker, the roasting time may be longer. The longer they roast, the more concentrated the tomato flavor.
- 8Once everything is roasted, remove from the oven and pour into the 2 quart saucier.
- 9Add the chicken stock to the pan and bring to a simmer over medium high heat.
- 10Once stock is bubbling, remove from heat and pour into a blender and pureé. (remember to vent the lid!).
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Tomato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (372 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 72.3
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 64.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 5.6 g