Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A great recipe for tomato soup.
Make and share this Homemade Tomato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Quarter the tomatoes.
- Dice the onions, green pepper and celery.
- Place in a large canning kettle and cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Run the mixture through a sieve and reheat the juice to a boil.
- Mix the sugar, flour and salt together with the melted butter, mix well.
- Add slowly to the boiling tomato mixture until thickened.
- Pour into jars and seal with hot bath for 15 minutes.
Just made this to can, loved the flavor. Will make another batch and definately use again next year. Thanks
I cut the recipe in about half. It had a perfect tangy, sweet flavor. There won't be any left to can! Great recipe- thanks for posting.
Excellent!!! Freezes well too. We are definetly looking forward to a bowl of this soup in the middle of January here in Wisconsin:)