Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Here's the recipe for a flavor-filled tomato juice that is not ho-hum!
- 12 medium tomatoes, cored and cut into quarters
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 2 stalks celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- Combine first 6 ingredients into Dutch oven, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Put vegetable mixture through a food mill or sieve.
- Stir in salt, paprika and sugar.
- Chill thoroughly.
- Serve over ice if desired.
This had to be THE best tomato juice I have ever had! The celery was the perfect touch and I loved the paprika! Thanks for sharing this recipe Renegade!
I love this Tomato Juice. I will be making this again. We really liked this a lot.
I made this today and I must say it was outstanding! Surprisingly, the bay leaf really added a nice, new taste. It only made 1 qt. but I used about 16 smaller tomatoes from our garden. I suspect this was why it only made 1 Qt. Otherwise, soooo much better than any other tomato juice I have ever tried. My first use was in a bloddy mary and it was outstanding!