- 12 medium tomatoes, cored and cut into quarters
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 2 stalks celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 6 ingredients into Dutch oven, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Put vegetable mixture through a food mill or sieve.
- Stir in salt, paprika and sugar.
- Chill thoroughly.
- Serve over ice if desired.