This recipe is featured in the book "Diet For A Small Planet".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut tofu into thin slices and arrange between two layers of dishtowel.
- 2Let stand for 15 minutes, then put firm pieces in the middle of a dry dishtowel, gather the corners, twist to form a sack, and squeeze tofu firmly to drain off as much moisture as possible.
- 3In a shallow bowl, combine tofu with carrot, leeks, and sesame seeds.
- 4Knead, as if kneading bread, for about 3 minutes.
- 5When dough is smooth and holds together well, moisten palms with oil and shape dough into patties, 3 to 3 1/2 inches in diameter.
- 6Pour oil into a wok (to a depth of 1 1/2 inches) or skillet (to a depth of 1/4 to 12 inch).
- 7Heat oil to 375 degrees F.
- 8Fry burgers until crisp and nicely browned, about 4minutes on one side, 3 minutes on the other.
- 9Drain and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Tofu Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (934 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 81.6
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 7.4 g