Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
For those who are really keen... Times are guesses. Posted in response to a recipe request
- 1 pint soya milk (shop bought or homemade)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon epsom salts or 1⁄2 teaspoon nigari
- 4 tablespoons hot water
- Put soya milk in a pan and bring to the boil.
- Dissolve the Epsom salts or nigari in the hot water and add to the milk.
- Leave for 5 minutes to curdle.
- Line a sieve with a piece of muslin.
- Pour curdled mixture through, separating the curds from the liquid.
- Discard the liquid.
- Fold muslin over top of sieve and place a weight on the top.
- Leave for 1 hour.
- Remove the curds, which are now tofu, and store in a bowl of water in the fridge till needed.
- (makes approx 4 oz).