1/2 Photos of Homemade Toffee
This brings back warm memories of Christmas time at my grandparents with all the women-folk in the kitchen making goodies. This recipe is as good today as it was back then!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter over low. Spread foil over cookie sheet and brush with some of the melted butter.
- 2Add sugar, corn syrup, water and nuts to butter in pan and slowly bring to a boil. (Turn heat up by 1/2 increments every few minutes until reaches medium low.).
- 3Watch for 298 degrees (soft crack stage) on a candy thermometer. pour onto the foil and quickly spread and reshape.
- 4Let set for two minutes, then immediately sprinkle half (measure!) of the chocolate chips on top.
- 5After another 2 minutes, spread the now softened chocolate chips and sprinkle with half the nuts.
- 6Flip onto foil covered second cookie sheet and immediately sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top. Wait 2 minutes then spread chocolate and sprinkle nuts.
- 7When completely cool, break into pieces and store in tightly covered container.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Toffee
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 109.3
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 20.6 mg
- Sodium 55.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 0.2 g