Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
Tomorrow, the 14th of Jan'2002, is Makar Sankranti, the festival of kites. It is celebrated with much vigor and excitement by all age groups in India. It's a day we all Indians look forward to all through the year. On this day, food is made using "sesame seeds(til)" as the major ingredient. This is the most common til sweet served on this wonderful day. Happy Makar Sankranti to ev
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly roast the sesame in a pan for a couple of minutes.
- Break the jaggery and heat it with ghee in a large pan.
- Stir gently and bring to a light boil.
- Add sesame and remove pan from flame.
- Mix well.
- Pour onto a lightly greased thali.
- Knead it a bit with greased palms.
- Roll into small balls.
- Cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.