Recipe by gailanng
An original recipe from Tabitha Alterman. She says, "This spice blend can be used to impart Thai flavor to meat and seafood, or veggies or grains. You can, also, use it as a dry rub. To make an easy Thai marinade, toss a generous scoop of this seasoning mixture into creamy coconut milk."
Top Review by ElizabethKnicely
This is a spicy and sweet seasoning that saved my recipe for Chef #328542 Recipe #491063. We live in NW Pennsylvania and there is no supply of Thai seasonings here. It would have totally ruined PAC 2013 if I didn't find this recipe. Thank you so very much gailanng!
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground dried hot Thai red chili pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons dried lemongrass (ground powder)
- 2 tablespoons dried lime zest
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons dried mint
- 2 tablespoons toasted unsweetened coconut, ground
- 1 -2 tablespoon brown sugar (optional)