Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
The very best! Use it for all your favorite recipes. Teriyaki refers to a glaze that is added to meats in the final stages of grilling. 'Teri' means gloss and 'Yaki' describes grilling or frying. Teriyaki originated in the Edo period of Japan's history and refers to the use of three favourite ingredients; soy sauce, sake and mirin.
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl, or blender.
- Add liquids and mix very well.
- Transfer to a tightly sealed jar and refrigerate for at least four hours - overnight is best.
- Stir well before using.