Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 236.59 ml flour
- 236.59 ml dry infant rice cereal with bananas (or other flavored or unflavored infant cereal)
- 44.37 ml cooking oil
- ice water
- Preheat oven 425 F degrees.
- Mix flour and cereal.
- Gradually stir in oil.
- Mix a little ice water at a time (start with 1/4 cup) until dough begins to form a ball and pull away from the bowl.
- Roll out to the thickness of a cracker on a floured surface and cut into desired shapes.
- Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet 10-12 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
The recipe is basically good. I made just one change - instead of water I used juice to bring the dough together. Added just a touch of sweetness and flavor. And I also cooked them until they were like hockey pucks. At 350 til golden brown, then down at 200 until hard enough I couldn't bite them apart easily. So far my 8 month old hasn't been able to crumble one, instead it sorta mushes off as he sucks/gums it.
I used cold breast milk instead of ice water. This worked well. I added just enough to hold the dough together - it's easier to add the liquid a bit at a time, just until you get cohesion - that way you won't get the sticky problem. Super easy. Thanks!
Thanks for the recipe. Mine were kind of rubbery so they didnt crumble. I guess I must have made mine too big, It made 17 cookies. The dough was sticky for me too. i rolled it into balls with floured hands and flattened them with the bottom of the measuring cup. My daughter liked them too. Thanks again for a great recipe.