Top Review by babyjoesmommy
The recipe is basically good. I made just one change - instead of water I used juice to bring the dough together. Added just a touch of sweetness and flavor. And I also cooked them until they were like hockey pucks. At 350 til golden brown, then down at 200 until hard enough I couldn't bite them apart easily. So far my 8 month old hasn't been able to crumble one, instead it sorta mushes off as he sucks/gums it.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup dry infant rice cereal with bananas (or other flavored or unflavored infant cereal)
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- ice water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 425 F degrees.
- Mix flour and cereal.
- Gradually stir in oil.
- Mix a little ice water at a time (start with 1/4 cup) until dough begins to form a ball and pull away from the bowl.
- Roll out to the thickness of a cracker on a floured surface and cut into desired shapes.
- Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet 10-12 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.