1/2 Photos of Homemade Tapioca Pudding
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
It may take some time, but it is so worth having tapioca pudding made from scratch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium bowl soak tapioca in water overnight (about 8 hours). Drain water.
- 2In a double boiler heat milk until no longer cold. Stir in salt and tapioca. Continue heating until small bubbles appear at the sides of the pan. Cover, turn heat to low and cook for 1 hour. Make sure the milk does not simmer or boil.
- 3In a medium mixing bowl wisk together sugar and egg yolks until light in color. While whisking add a little bit of the hot milk mixture. Then add the egg yolk mixture to the hot milk mixture, stirring constantly. Place the double boiler over medium heat and cook until tapioca mixture is very thick, about 15 minutes.
- 4Gently fold in beaten egg whites into the hot tapioca mixture. Stir in vanilla. Serve warm or chilled.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Tapioca Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.0
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 169.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 5.3 g