Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 mins
this is an Amish recipe, that came in a local paper
- 1⁄2 cup tapioca
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons strawberry gelatin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons strawberry gelatin
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipped cream
- 1⁄4 cup fresh strawberries
- In a 2 quart kettle, cook tapioca and water over medium heat for 7-8 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat.the tapioca will be very thick and transparent.
- If the tapioca is too thick, add more water.
- Add the jello and sugar and stir for 1 minute until well blended.
- Pour into a bowl to cool --
- Let set for 15-20 minutes at room temperature.add the whipped cream and strawberries and mix well.
- The whipped cream will change the texture of the tapioca from elastic and stiff to very creamy.
- The pudding should be a deep pink color, let cool in refrigerator while setting.
- Stir occasionally.