These make great gifts as well as a cheaper alternate to purchased liqueurs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove rinds from tangerines and scrape and discard white part from the inside.
- 2Save peeled tangerines for another use.
- 3set rinds on a jelly roll pan and place in a heated 250* oven and turn off heat. Leave in oven for 2 hours.
- 4Open oven door ajar and leave rinds in there overnight.
- 5Combine sugar and water in a saucepan. Heat, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves. Let cool, then stir in 2 cups vodka.
- 6Stir again to dissolve any sugar, add remaining vodka and stir again.
- 7Place dried tangerine rinds in a half gallon jar or glass container that has a screw cap. Pour in sugar, vodka mixture. Shake to mix.
- 8Cap tightly and let stand in a dark place for 4 weeks. Strain through a coffee filter into a sterilized bottle. Seal or cork. Makes 1 quart.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Tangerine Liqueur
Serving Size: 1 (1986 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4063.6
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 21.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 517.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 502.9 g
- Protein 4.0 g