Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
These make great gifts as well as a cheaper alternate to purchased liqueurs.
Make and share this Homemade Tangerine Liqueur recipe from Food.com.
- Remove rinds from tangerines and scrape and discard white part from the inside.
- Save peeled tangerines for another use.
- set rinds on a jelly roll pan and place in a heated 250* oven and turn off heat. Leave in oven for 2 hours.
- Open oven door ajar and leave rinds in there overnight.
- Combine sugar and water in a saucepan. Heat, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves. Let cool, then stir in 2 cups vodka.
- Stir again to dissolve any sugar, add remaining vodka and stir again.
- Place dried tangerine rinds in a half gallon jar or glass container that has a screw cap. Pour in sugar, vodka mixture. Shake to mix.
- Cap tightly and let stand in a dark place for 4 weeks. Strain through a coffee filter into a sterilized bottle. Seal or cork. Makes 1 quart.
Excellent recipe alright! Mine will be ripe in about 10 days, but it already tastes (and smells) great. I dried my tangerine peels(cut into 1/2 in pieces) in the microwave between 2 paper towels and it worked out just fine . Thanks for posting.
This is an excellent recipe.