Recipe by ~Bekah~
After searching high and low in my town for a jar of tahini, I couldn't find any! I went searching online and found this easy recipe. This is MUCH cheaper to make yourself, and only takes a couple minutes.
- 4 cups sesame seeds
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spread the sesame seeds on a shallow baking tray and bake, shaking frequently, until fragrant, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Do not brown.
- Put the sesame seeds in a blender or food processor fitted with the metal blade.
- Add the vegetable oil.
- Process to a smooth paste, about 5 minutes.
- Add more oil if necessary, to bring the paste to a thick pouring consistency.
- Tahini will keep stored in a tightly covered jar in the refrigerator for several months.