Prep 2 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are so good, you may NEVER buy taco shells again! But be prepared to be the last one to have a chance to sit down and eat. As soon as I sit down to eat my first taco, my guests are needing their 3rd or 4th or 5th one cooked...But, it is well worth it to hear that these are the best tacos they have ever had!
- Preheat a dry skillet over medium/high heat.
- Mix the ingredients well.
- The batter will be runny.
- Drop by large utensil spoonful onto skillet, quickly spreading the batter in a circular motion, working from the inside out.
- Each side only takes about 1 minute of cooking.
- The shells are not supposed to brown.
- When the shells are removed from the pan, they can be molded into"taco shell shape" by placing, half-curled, between two objects, such as coffee cups.
- I like to serve them to each guest directly from the pan without molding them, however, becuz I find that they dont crack while still hot and pliable.
- Fill with all the taco stuffin's and enjoy!
These seemed more like cornmeal crepes to me. I was kind of expecting something crispy and in order to get anywhere near that you practically had to burn them. Other than that, they were OK, I might try them again, but have had to revise my expectations.
Thank you for this! This was such an easy way of making exactly what I needed as step 1 in making Hard taco shells. I found it easy to make the 'crepes' once i realized non-stick lined pan was required and could make them very thin, I then heated oil and folded them in half (i checked some online videos for how to do this bit) which took a little practice and 10 mins later 8 crispy taco shells! will try bake them next time to reduce the calories as who wants the calories in the taco when you have cheese and guacamole and salsa to stuff them with.
So glad I can have my mexican feast without having to hunt for taco shells! yum.
Made these this afternoon and they are very good-also very clear, simple recipe.Thanks! <br/><br/> I roasted some garlic (whole bulbs in the oven on medium and then squeeze out the garlic 'paste' from the individual cloves ) and put 2 medium cloves into the recipe-it made a difference