Recipe by Cindy1
These are so good, you may NEVER buy taco shells again! But be prepared to be the last one to have a chance to sit down and eat. As soon as I sit down to eat my first taco, my guests are needing their 3rd or 4th or 5th one cooked...But, it is well worth it to hear that these are the best tacos they have ever had!
Top Review by tjaskolka
These seemed more like cornmeal crepes to me. I was kind of expecting something crispy and in order to get anywhere near that you practically had to burn them. Other than that, they were OK, I might try them again, but have had to revise my expectations.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat a dry skillet over medium/high heat.
- Mix the ingredients well.
- The batter will be runny.
- Drop by large utensil spoonful onto skillet, quickly spreading the batter in a circular motion, working from the inside out.
- Each side only takes about 1 minute of cooking.
- The shells are not supposed to brown.
- When the shells are removed from the pan, they can be molded into"taco shell shape" by placing, half-curled, between two objects, such as coffee cups.
- I like to serve them to each guest directly from the pan without molding them, however, becuz I find that they dont crack while still hot and pliable.
- Fill with all the taco stuffin's and enjoy!