Recipe by Kozmic Blues
This recipe is perfect for seasoning 1 lb of ground beef, or the equivalent of 1 lb of vegetarian "ground beef" I prefer this to the packages the sell at the supermarkets which often contain too much sodium. This mixture is also nice mixed with 16 oz of sour cream to serve with tortilla chips, or to top a layered Mexican dip.
Top Review by Ty's Kitchen
Fast, easy and wonderful. I skipped the cayenne pepper this time because I do not like very spicy food and wasn't sure on the heat of this. Will make often because it is easier than trying to find the taco seasonings and I like knowing what's in a package!!
- 2 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional, or to taste) or 1⁄4 teaspoon red chili powder (optional, or to taste)
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Add spices and water to 1 lb browned ground beef, or to the 1 lb equivilant of your favorite frozen "meatless" ground burger.
- Simmer for 10 minutes or until water is absorbed and bouilion cube is disolved.
- Serve over tortilla chips with cheese and salsa, or use as a filling for tacos, burritos, or enchilladas.