Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I first tried this salad at a friend of mines wedding shower. It is so tasty and amazingly easy to make. I make it often the night before I go to a BBQ or potluck dinner/lunch. The nice thing about this recipe is you can add however much of what you want, to get the taste that you are looking for. Hope you enjoy.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (35 g) package taco seasoning
- 1 (14 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can black olives
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tomatoes (cubed)
- 1 -2 cup crushed taco chips
- Catalina dressing
- Fry ground beef in a large frying pan until no longer pink. Add Taco seasoning and simmer for 5-10 minute.
- Put meat into a large bowl.
- Add 1 Can of red kidney beans, 1 Can of black olives to meat.
- Refrigerate until cool.
- Before serving, add cheddar cheese, diced tomato, crushed taco chips, and desired amount of catalina dressing. Mix all together and serve, or refrigerate.
This is a great salad, but I will admit, I like mine hot, served on a bed of mixed greens. Love the addition of the beans to the taco salad.