Recipe by MommaEllen
Finally found the perfect blend of ingredients for an easy sauce that goes with just about anything!
- 1 cup pineapple juice, drained from a can of pineapple
- 4 tablespoons pineapple, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons green peppers or 2 tablespoons red peppers, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, light sodium variety
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed tightly
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first four ingredients and simmer on low for about 8 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook over low to medium heat until thick, about 8 more minutes, stirring frequently to avoid sticking.
- Tastes better after cooling in the refrigerator overnight.