1/3 Photos of Homemade Sweet Dill Yum-Yum Pickles
These are made with store-bought dill pickles in the jar and are 100% better than the ones you purchase at the store and they stay crunchy! I use Claussen garlic dills or Vlassic dills but you may use your own favorite brand or use your own homemade dill pickles, I like either brands for the extra crunch, use regular or large size size dills not the small baby dills----plan ahead this needs a few days before the pickles are ready ;-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice the washed pickles into about 1/4 to 1/3-inch slices, then place in a medium bowl.
- 2Pour 2 cups sugar over the slices and toss/stir to coat with the pickle slices.
- 3Allow to sit out at room temperature for 24 hours tossing several times with a spoon during the 24 hours (I just leave a spoon in the bowl, juice will gather in the bowl, do not drain!).
- 4After the 24 hours (do not drain the juice in the bowl) in a medium saucepan combine 2 cups sugar, vinegar, water, pickling spice; bring to a boil over medium heat stirring until the sugar is dissolved (about 2 minutes).
- 5Make certain that the bowl is Pyrex or heat-proof or it might crack when you pour the boiling water into it -- pour the water mixture over the sugared pickles and the sugar juice that has gathered in the bowl; mix very well with a spoon.
- 6Allow the mixture to stand at room temperature for about 8 hours or overnight.
- 7Drain pickles (you don't have to completely drain).
- 8Transfer pickles to clean glass jars and store covered or uncovered in refrigerator.
- 9Serve cold.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Sweet Dill Yum-Yum Pickles
Serving Size: 1 (2867 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1725.1
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 11725.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 438.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 431.9 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: