Recipe by Beachbunnymom
This is a wonderful cornbread recipe that is moist and sweet. I came up with this recipe after experimenting with tons of other cornbread recipes. None met my high standards so I finally came up with my own and here it is...
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1 cup creamed corn
- 1 tablespoon butter (split in half)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 375 degrees. You will use 2 9 inch cake pans. Set them aside for now.
- Mix butter, sugar, and eggs w/ electric mixer till well blended.
- Sift flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt. Add to butter mixture. Add Buttermilk and creamed corn. Mix well.
- Place 1/2 tbsp butter in each pan. Place in oven for 5 minutes till butter has melted. Pour batter in each pan evenly. Bake in oven for 30 minutes or do toothpick test to see if done.