1/2 Photos of Homemade Sweet Buns
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
These buns are very sweet and delicious. This is a kid friendly recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixing bowl combine flour, yeast, sugar, and salt. Mix 1 minute. Next add water and half of the beaten egg. Mix. Add butter and mix until combined. Knead by hand until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- 2Cover the dough and let rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes. After that, punch the dough down and make 8 round balls and allow them to rise for 10 minutes .
- 3Now take out each ball and roll out with a rolling pin until you get a thin disk (diameter 3 inch, thickness 1/4 inch).
- 4Place some strawberry jam and sprinkle some candied mixed fruit on the top of the disk. Then wrap and cover the filling from all sides with the dough. Then, pinch the seams to close. Next shape the dough into a ball shape. Using sharp scissors, snip the top surface of the dough a bit to form petals to shape it like a flower (see photo).
- 5Place buns on a greased metal tray and allow them to rise for 20 minutes. Next brush the remaining beaten egg over the top of the buns.
- 6Bake at 200 C for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Sweet Buns
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.7
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 29.9 mg
- Sodium 182.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed candied fruit