Prep 8 hrs
Cook 0 mins
My friend made me some sunflower seed milk and it was delicious. She used apple juice instead of water. You could substitute some or all apple juice if you like, leaving out or reducing the maple syrup or honey. You do need to soak the sunflower seeds at least 8 hours.
- 236.59 ml raw sunflower seeds, soaked over night (at least 8 hours)
- 4.92-9.85 ml pure vanilla extract
- 9.85 ml pure maple syrup (optional) or 9.85 ml honey (optional)
- 946.36 ml water (or change it up and use apple juice)
- Drain and rinse your soaked nuts and place in a high speed blender.
- Add the maple syrup or honey and vanilla.
- Add the water. Blend at high speed for about 1 minute.
- Line a large jug with your nut bag.
- Pour the blended mixture into a cheesecloth lined strainer and and gently squeeze out the milk leaving behind only the pulp.You don’t have to squeeze it to death, lol(or you can skip this, and leave the pulp. It will settle to the bottom ).
- Refrigerate and enjoy for up to 3 days.
- Be zware that the milk does separate, stir or shake before drinking.