Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a wonderful paste that enhances many preparations. Small jars of puree can cost quite a lot and pureeing small amounts yourself is not practical. Instead, purchase a large jar of sun-dried tomatoes and make a big batch. You can add a TBS or two of this to purchased spaghetti or pizza sauce, or smear it as it is on pizza crusts. It's also great on sandwiches, chicken and eggs. It also freezes well. I freeze mine on cookie sheets in dollops, then when frozen drop into a zip lock baggie. That way I can take out and use what I want, when I want.
- Put the tomatoes in a medium bowl.
- Add some very hot water to cover.
- Stir for a few minutes, then drain.
- (this softens the tomatoes and gets rid of some of the packing oil).
- In a food processor, combine the tomatoes, garlic, olive oil and seasonings.
- Puree until smooth.
- Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.