Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This nifty little recipe will allow you to make your own home-made instant pudding! It relies on instant clear jel, which will set cold liquids. (Clear Jel and INSTANT Clear Jel are not the same thing - make sure you get the instant!) It's a modified corn starch, and gluten-free. You can also produce the powder in bulk (2 c clear jel and cocoa powder, 48 pkts Equal, 1/2 t salt), and mix 3/4 c of that with 2 cups of milk - transfer the powder to storage with a spoon so it doesn't fly everywhere. Adapted from http://bit.ly/10Aiaui
- 12 (1 g) packets Equal sugar substitute or 12 (1 g) packets Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup instant Clear Jel
- 1⁄2 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt
- 4 cups milk
- Combine sugar, clear jel, cocoa powder and salt in a blender. Run on high about 30 seconds to combine and grind the sugar to powder.
- Add milk and blend on medium until smooth. Portion into 1/2 cup servings. Place a square of plastic wrap on the surface of each portion, then refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.