Recipe by Aries_87
The perfect Turkey stuffing. I forget where it came from, we've been using it for so long. For those who don't like celery or oinion, it tastes just as good if you omit them. The cooking time depends on the size of your turkey.
- 1 (14 ounce) bagpepperidge farm breadcrumbs
- 12 links raw sausage, removed from skin
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter, soft
- 1 (4 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- turkey liver
- turkey giblets, chopped with liver, will look like a paste
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer celery, onion, spices, butter, broth and water over med-high heat.
- Let cool.
- With clean hands, mix sausage bread crumbs, liver & giblets.
- Add skillet contents to bowl. Mix well with hands.
- Stuff in and around turkey.
- *If omitting celery and onion, simmer just broth and spices*.