- 1 1⁄2 packages dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups water, warm (110~)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 5 -6 cups flour
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water, cold
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 lb pepperoni, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb ham, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add salt, sugar and 1/2 of the flour, mix well.
- Add rest of flour, turn onto floured boa rd and knead until smooth.
- Place in buttered bowl.
- Cover and let rise 1 1/2 to 2 hours in warm place. Punch down, divide into 12 pieces for stromboli or shape into 2 loaves for bread.
- Bake bread 30 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Roll out each dough into a circle; place in center of each dough a few slices of ham, pepperoni, grated cheese and a little sauce. Fold in half and pinch edges well to seal.
- Brush with egg white mix.
- Place on greased sheet pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 400 degrees until lightly brown.
- May be reheated.
- Serve with extra tomato sauce to dip in.