1/5 Photos of Homemade Strawberry Jam
That is how I make strawberry jam. No grocery store jam can match this one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean and carefully wash strawberries. Remove all damaged or rotten parts. I recommend mixing forest and ordinary strawberries (1:1).
- 2Add sugar and let it stay in sugar 3-4 hours in a large pot. Stir occasionally and wait until fruit removes juices.
- 3Cook in the same large pot for 15 minutes making sure not to burn sugar. Stir always.
- 4After 14 minutes, add fresh juice of 2 lemons. Remove the foam and put the jam in hot (100°C) glass-bottle.
- 5If you like more firm jam, add pectin (usually available in grocery stores). Pectin is added 2 minutes before it is done because pectin looses its characteristic if you cook it too long. Close the hot glass-bottles and keep it in dark place.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Strawberry Jam
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 38.6
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 0.7 g