Recipe by BirdyBaker
I have been posting all kinds of strawberry recipes lately and I have to say that this is one of my favorites because I love, Love, LOVE icecream. As I've mentioned before my fridge looks like a Baskin Robbins display...lol. This recipe is so creamy and cool and refreshing. Cook time is chill time.
- 3 cups strawberries
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash, stem and puree 3 cups of berries.
- In a large bowl, beat 2 eggs until thick and lemon-colored.
- Beat in 1 1/4 cups sugar, 2 cups half-and-half, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1 cup heavy cream.
- Stir in the strawberries, then proceed according to the directions included with your particular ice cream maker.
- All recipes benefit from a chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before processing.Most ice-cream makers require about 30 minutes processing.