Recipe by ellie3763
from GeorgiaPellegrini.com - http://georgiapellegrini.com/2010/07/23/recipes/homemade-fruit-leather/
Directions See How It's Made
- Place some plastic over a rimmed sheet tray and brush it with olive oil.
- Dice strawberries into small pieces and put them in a pit with a bit of water. Add a squirt of lemon juice and stew them, mostly covered, until very soft and mushy.
- Allow fruit to cool slightly, then transfer fruit to a blender and blend until mostly smooth. Taste, add sugar as necessary, and blend again. (Don't add too much sugar - the leather will become sweeter as it cooks anyway!).
- Pour the mixture onto the plastic-covered tray and use a spatula to spread evening over the tray to 1/8-1/4 inch thickness.
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees (you may have to crack the oven door to keep the temperature that low). Place tray in oven and leave for 6-8 hours.
- Invert the fruit leather onto another baking sheet covered in plastic or silicon baking pad, and oil, and remove the first lining. Place in the oven for another 6-8 hours. If it becomes too brittle at any point, simply brush on water with a pastry brush to rehydrate it.
- Cool the sheet tray and cut the fruit leather into desired sizes. Dust with corn starch to prevent sticking, cover in plastic and store in a cool place in a sealed container.