3 hrs 20 mins
Found this on the net. My tomatoes aren't ready so haven't tried it yet... I think I would reduce the amount of vinegar though when I do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot, combine all ingredients except the sugar.
- 2Bring to a boil, and cook at a steady boil for 2 hours.
- 3Remove from heat and strain through a relatively fine mesh, making sure to express all the liquid you can.
- 4Discard the pulp.
- 5Return the liquid to the pot, and refrigerate overnight.
- 6Skip off clear liquid in the AM and then boil until the liquid is reduced to roughly three quarts.
- 7Add four tablespoons of sugar.
- 8Remove from heat, stir, and let cool.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Spicy Hot V8 - Substitute / Copycat / Clone
Serving Size: 1 (10564 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.8
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9517.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.2 g
- Sugars 39.3 g
- Protein 8.7 g