Prep 20 mins
Cook 24 hrs
These Dill Pickles are out of this world! Bobby Flay had the recipe posted on Food Network's website. I made them for the holidays and people didn't stop raving about them. They are very easy and delicious. You may adjust the spice to your liking. The longer they sit, the hotter they get. I quartered them both horizontally and vertically to make them more bite-size. We liked them best after 4 days.
- 4 cups rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon whole white peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon toasted cumin seed
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 unpeeled English cucumbers, washed, cut in 1/2 horizontally then quartered lengthwise
- Combine the vinegar, honey, pepper flakes, coriander, mustard seeds, fennel seeds, cumin and salt in a medium, non-reactive saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil. Let boil for 2 minutes; remove from the heat and let sit until cooled to room temperature. Add the dill and cilantro. Place the cut cucumbers in a medium bowl and pour the cooled vinegar mixture over them. Refrigerate, covered for 24 hours or up to 4 days. (leaving them longer just makes them hotter but still delicious.) Cooking time includes refrigeration.