Prep 18 mins
Cook 2 mins
Very mild, great before bed. I love sipping this tea on a cold winter morning too. Enjoy!
- 2 whole cloves
- 2 pinches anise seeds
- 3 pieces crystallized ginger
- 5 pinches cinnamon (or 1 cinnamon stick- easier to strain)
- honey or sugar or artificial sweetener, etc
- Heat water in coffee cup for about 2 min, or until nearly boiling.
- Add spices to water and let sit for 2-8 min, depending on how flavorful you want it.
- Strain mixture (this is easier if a cinnamon stick was used).
- Sweeten (if desired); I like blueberry honey and/or a mixture of 1 teaspoon maple syrup and 1/2 teaspoon light cream.
- Try making a mixture of 4 teaspoons pine nuts, 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup, and 1 teaspoon light cream to serve with tea. This side dish tastes best served cool.
This came out mostly of cinnamon. I used all whole spices and 1 little star anise instead or the regular anise as it is what I had on hand. The crystallized ginger I had were pretty big but still it wasn't really gingery. I used creamed honey as a sweetener. The side dish sounds interesting something I would have made up myself! I don't have any cream so I couldn't try it.