1/1 Photo of Homemade Spaghetti Sauce/Tomato Sauce
2 hrs 20 mins
Very robust, hearty, and perfect to cook ahead of time in large batches and freeze for later use in the colder months when the fresh produce is not available. I use fresh home grown tomatos and peppers for this recipe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, chopped (I prefer more)
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon pizza seasoning
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 8 -10 medium tomatoes
- 1 -2 banana pepper, chopped into small pieces
- 1 (5 ounce) can tomato paste (to thicken)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper (to taste)
- 1Place tomatos in large pot cover with water. Bring water to boil and boil approximatley 5 minutes. Immediately remove from heat and place in ice bath.
- 2In pot used to boil tomato's return it to the stove over medium heat add oil, both onions, garlic, peppers, Italian, Pizza and basil, and saute until onions and peppers are translucent.
- 3In the mean time peel the skin off the tomatos, and cut into 4's removing the top stem area. Place tomatos in food processor and blend. Pour tomato puree into pot with other ingrediants stir, reduce heat to a slow simmer. Add tomato paste, stir.
- 4Let pot simmer for approximately 2 hours stirring occasionaly.
- 5Enjoy it with spaghetti noodles or use with lasagna.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Spaghetti Sauce/Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 52.4
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 178.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: